Lawn Wizard – Terms and Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions apply to both Domestic and Commercial Customers of Lawn Wizard.
All invoices for work carried out must be paid on the day of service for guarantee to be valid or within 7 days of the invoice date, unless a ‘staged payment’ has been set up between the client and Lawn Wizard. Late payment may result in future works needing payment in advance.
All complaints and disputes must be raised in writing within two working days of Lawn Wizard leaving site.
Requests for cancellation of appointments must be done within seven days of the appointment date. After this, work will be charged for in full.
An additional charge will be made if pet droppings are left on the area to be treated and our technicians have to clear them.
An additional charge may also be made if there is a need to clear other items from the lawn such as tables, chairs, toys, trampolines etc.
In any case Lawn Wizard technicians will not lift or move heavy items off the work area e.g. trampolines, tables, swings. This is for health and safety reasons.
Although not essential we strongly advise not to cut your grass within two days our arrival as this will aid the effectiveness of our chemicals. We also ask that you do not cut your grass within two days of the treatment being provided as this will remove the treated leaves of the weeds allowing them to continue to flourish.
If you are not going to be present at the time of our arrival, please leave access for us through an unlocked gate or similar. We will be pleased to secure the gate following our departure. Please ensure that you leave your gate or access area open, and clear for our technicians to access the work area.
While we do not require any outside power we might require access to a water point for mixing some of the products that we use.
All of our chemicals are perfectly safe for children and animals once dried. Drying time depends on the weather and ambient temperature of course but is generally no more than two hours.
Our weed killers do have the effect of speeding growth of the weeds before they die and this may make the lawn look untidy in the short term but will have the desired effect in the longer term.
Lawn Wizard cannot be held responsible and is excluded from liability where loss or damage occurs as a result of:
- A product being found faulty as a result of manufacture.
- The client having mistreated the work area either before, during or after our visit.
- Damage or contamination occurring to any adjacent area notwithstanding that Lawn Wizard will use its best endeavours to avoid this happening.
- Adverse weather conditions, and lack of owner maintenance as a result.
Lawn Wizard is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All our treatments are safe for children, large pets and wildlife, however please keep them off the lawn for at least 2 hrs after treatment.
ALWAYS KEEP SMALL GRAZING PETS (e.g. RABBITS) OFF THE LAWN FOR TWO WEEKS FOLLOWING EACH VISIT.
DO NOT FEED ANIMALS WITH MOWER CLIPPINGS FROM THE FIRST TWO CUTS AFTER EACH VISIT.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions for lawn care are subject to the laws of England and Wales and shall be interpreted by the courts accordingly.
No Access – Lawn Wizard will still charge the full cost of the job for a failed visit due to no access this is to cover costs such as loss of business, insurance, fuel, equipment wear and tear etc.
Lawn Wizard is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
- Lawn Wizard accepts no responsibility for accidental breakages arising from their work. Any reparation payment or works that may be made is solely at the discretion of Lawn Wizard and admits no fault or liability.
- Damage caused to property due to stones and other items left in the lawn or area of work: Lawn Wizard cannot be held responsible for damage caused by small stones and other items left in the clients’ lawn or area of work. While we try to take every care around pebbled/landscaped areas, the client is responsible for ensuring stones aren’t in the lawns.
It is very important and the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/conditions/permissions that may be involved.